|Team Leader Amber at Familywize.|
We shared the surprise party we threw for our team leader Amber (Amber's Shower), but now we want to send a big hug and congratulations to Amber and her husband on the new addition of their family on July 3rd!
Amber and husband welcomed their sweet baby boy on Tuesday and none too soon!
The Fun Has Just Begun!
Having a baby is only the beginning! There are sooo many things to think about. Although Amber and her husband were well prepared with baby shower gifts and pre-baby shopping, a baby in the family brings a reality check to your life and your wallet.
From baby clothes to formula (if you are nursing) to diapers and baby wipes - it seems once you have a baby the money tree in the backyard can't grow fast enough.
|Making your own baby wipes saves money.|
Making Your Own Baby Wipes
Having babies doesn't have to be expensive. You can make your own food, make your own baby wipes; there are many ways to save money as you grow your family! With three children of my own, saving money when adding babies to the family tree can sure come in handy!
As with everything FamilyWize, we believe in paying it forward! So I am going to share a baby wipe recipe that was given to me after my first baby - AND I rarely bought baby wipes after that!
Recipe - Baby Wipes:
1 roll of paper towels (soft, cotton paper towels)
2 cups of hot water
2 Tbsp. of Baby Soap
1 Tbsp of Baby Oil or Olive Oil
- Lay the roll of paper towels on its side. Cut the roll of paper towels in half with a sharp knife - setting aside one half.
- Carefully remove the inside cardboard of the roll. You will be pulling the wipes from the center. Doing this step makes it easy to take one wipe at a time.
- Put one half of the roll in an empty diaper wipe container or other container large enough to hold the half roll of paper towels.
- Mix water, baby soap, and baby oil in a measuring cup or bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the towels in the container.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed.
Be sure to share with us how you save money having a baby in the family! Also - please share this recipe with all your young mom friends!
Online Marketing Manager