What is clean eating?
While there are many definitions, the term "clean eating" typically refers to consuming food in its most natural state and being mindful of what you consume. A clean eating diet is comprised of unprocessed and unrefined foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains (unless gluten intolerant) and lean meats. It generally excludes food that contains artificial ingredients, preservatives, or chemicals.
What are the benefits of clean eating?
• Weight loss
• Increased energy
• Improved health
Can clean eating be detrimental to your health?
What are the guidelines for clean eating?
1. Eat small meals five to six times per day.
2. Drink at least 2 liters of water (eight 8-ounce glasses) per day.
3. Avoid foods high in sugar and saturated or trans fats.
4. Don’t skip breakfast.
5. Learn appropriate portion control.
Food shopping for clean eating:
A grocery list for a clean diet should be fairly simple and straightforward. Fill your cart with lots of fresh ingredients like fruits and vegetables. When you purchase food, keep in mind that the fewer items on an item’s ingredient list, the closer it generally fits the guidelines for clean eating.
How can you introduce kids to clean eating?
• Introduce kids to healthy eating habits at an early age.
• Demonstrate those same habits yourself. Kids are more likely to adopt healthy practices of any kind when their parents lead by example.
• Have fun with the clean eating lifestyle, creating exciting new recipes as a family.
• Allow all types of food on occasion. Everyone needs a treat every now and then, even when following a special type of meal plan.
Clean eating recipes:
Clean eating can be accomplished for all meals as well as snacks and desserts. For instance, a complete meal can comprise of fruit and nuts with clean eating. For nutritious and delicious recipe ideas, visit sites like The Naked Kitchen or He and She Eat Clean. By experimenting with different ways to prepare your family’s favorite foods, you’ll discover that adapting to a clean eating lifestyle isn’t difficult at all.
Live Healthy. Live Smart