- It gives you a chance to clean out prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, creams, and ointments that have expired.
- You'll know which essentials you are low on and need to replace.
- Consider natural alternatives for everyday use.
- A pill cutter
- Tweezers and a magnifying glass
- Aspirin (or an alternative)
- Gauze and a variety of bandages
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Hydrogen peroxide
- First-aid cream or ointment
Note: Experts recommend storing any medications in a place other than the medicine cabinet, outside the bathroom. Heat and moisture can break down both prescription and over-the-counter medications, causing them to be less effective. In the case of prescription medications, store them in a safe, locked area, especially out of reach of children and teens.
*Cuts, scrapes, sprains, and bruises
*Pain and fever
*Rashes, bug bites, and other skin ailments
*Stomachaches and digestive problems
Arnica is good for arthritic pain as well as sprains, this natural alternative is available in both a cream and tablet form.
Magnesium can be used for headaches, especially migraines and those related to tension. Magnesium is available in tablet form and is also found in Epsom Salt. It may also with sleep.
Ginger is available as a powder, in pill form, or as a tea, ginger is a great remedy for stomach upsets and other digestive ailments.
Aloe Vera is effective for treating skin irritations such as minor burns, scrapes, and sunburn. Available in a bottle or you can keep a live plant in your home.
Check out Mother Earth Living for more ideas.
For a natural remedy for diarrhea, drink ginger or chamomile tea to sooth your stomach and help replace lost fluids.
If you're suffering from sleep or anxiety, try any of the following natural remedies for relief:
- Drink chamomile tea.
- Use Epsom Salt foot soaks or baths.
- Enjoy a lavender bath or place a drop of lavender on a tissue and inhale the aroma.
Make cleaning, restocking, and revamping your medicine cabinet a priority at least twice each year, and help keep your family safe and healthy when illness or injury hits your home.
Live Healthy. Live Smart