How can you keep your family members safe online?
• Monitor and stay involved in online activity.
• Recognize the need for different strategies for a variety of age groups.
Why is cyber safety important?
When should you start talking with your kids about cyber safety?
Latest news regarding cyber safety:
• Parents are often guilty of providing too much information about their children online. When parents put too much information about their children online, it may lead to safety and privacy risks for their children, both now and in the future. Read this article on "sharenting" to get the full picture.
• Your online information may be most vulnerable when you’re traveling. From laptops left behind in hotel rooms to connecting to public Wi-Fi networks, cyber safety can be an issue once you’ve left your home. Be aware of these issues when traveling to help ensure your safety and privacy.
Keeping your passwords secure:
• Don’t share your passwords with anyone.
• Change your passwords on occasion.
• Always log out of your computer and any sites you visit, especially when using a public computer.
Where can you learn more about staying safe online?
Do you have any suggestions for ensuring cyber safety, or any stories to share? If so, please feel free to leave a comment!
Live Healthy. Live Smart.