A Healthy Summer Snack: Corn, Avocado, and Black Bean Salad
This is a light, refreshing, delicious, and easy side dish/snack to take to any summer gathering (or to have at home).
Here’s what you need:
- 1 3/4 cup thawed frozen or fresh sweet corn
- 40 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (use the stems too!)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (or 2 limes)
- 1-2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Prep all the veggie ingredients and add them to a large serving bowl. Toss well to combine.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the veggies. Toss gently to coat evenly.
- Serve with chips!
Get the original recipe from Produce on Parade.
Healthy Summer Main Dish Recipe: Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats
This creative recipe from TheWholesomeDish.com is low-carbohydrate and high-protein. And its presentation as a “boat” makes it appealing to kids. You’ll start with halved, de-seeded zucchinis. You’ll be filling the boats with browned ground chicken, into which you have stirred some garlic and a favorite pasta sauce. After spooning the mixture into your zucchini boats, simply top with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, and then bake until the cheese melts and the zucchini is soft. Super simple, and super delicious! Get the full recipe and details here.
Healthy Summer Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Dipped Fruit Cones
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a healthier or easier summer recipe than this. Here’s what you need:
- Ice cream cones
- Assorted fruit, cut into pieces
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
These healthy recipes are just one step on the path of healthy living. If your summer involves trips to the doctor, it’s good to know that you can save an average of 43% on your prescriptions with the FamilyWize prescription savings card, which is free to all consumers, insured or uninsured, and has no eligibility requirements. Request a card at FamilyWize.org, or call 800-222-2818. Try it today and start saving!