Water Water Everywhere????
· If you have a dishwasher in your kitchen, run it only when full. Don’t fill it too full though as the dishes won’t come clean and will have to be rewashed!
· Thaw your frozen foods in the refrigerator or microwave instead of using water to thaw them.
· Get rid of your garbage disposal and compost your food waste. It not only conserves water but is great for your plants and gardens and saves money on fertilizer!
· In the bathroom, cut your showers from 10 minutes to 5 minutes and you will cut your water use in half. It takes about 40 gallons of water for a 10 minute shower so you will save 20 gallons by taking a five minute shower. And yes, you can get just as clean!!
· Turn the water off in the sink while you are brushing your teeth rather than let it run. This is a simple habit to get in to.
· Run the washing machine only for a full load. Hand wash other items that you might need in a hurry.
|Water, so cool and refreshing!!|