|Bees the makers of honey|
Let’s live life to the fullest, by enjoying the positive benefits of eating delicious, colorful, nutrient rich foods. The benefit of honey is just one way we can do this.
- Allergy remedy: Many people report that using a spoonful of honey in tea, or right out of the jar has relieved their allergy symptoms. There may also be benefits from adding bee pollen supplements to the honey. Some people report that they are able to stop using over the counter medicines after finding that honey has helped relieve their symptoms. How Stuff Works.com explains in detail how honey might help as an allergy remedy.
- An Energized Workout: Honey can boost the quality of your workout! The natural sugars in honey may help in preventing fatigue while you exercise. Try a “spoonful of honey” before your next work out and see if it boosts your energy!
- Boost your Immune System: Honey has anti-bacterial properties. Since bacteria does not grow on honey, it might help your body kill off bacteria and help boost your immune system. I once asked a lively and healthy 92 year old woman, named Doris, what she felt was one of her most effective health regimens. She told me that every morning she started her day with honey and lemon in a cup of warm water. A doctor had told her in her forties that it would help to boost her immune system, and she used it every day after that.
- A Natural Home Remedy: I come from Amish country and I am grateful for the influence that culture has brought into my life. One of my favorite books is, “Home Remedies from Amish Country.” One remedy from this little gem of a book is said to be good for arthritis pain. But always check with your doctor before stopping or changing any medications. There are different types of arthritis and it's important to know which type you are dealing with before using any remedy, natural or otherwise.
- Mix equal parts honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Take two dessert spoons (about one tablespoon) of this mixture each morning and evening.
Let me share with you a few nutrition facts so you can feel even better about enjoying this delicious, golden syrup.
I was taught that to live a long healthy life eat mineral rich foods. You can't go wrong with honey.
- Potassium-heart, kidney, muscle and digestive functioning.
- Calcium-bone health, dental care and prevention of colon cancer.
- Phosphorus-hormone balance, bone and protein formation and digestion.
- Sodium-helps balance fluid in the body, especially during workouts.
- Magnesium-aids over 300 biochemical reactions in the body.
- Iron-carries life giving oxygen to human blood cells.
- Copper-if there is an anti-aging nutrient, this one would be at the top of the list!
- Manganese-helps in building bones.
- Zinc- immune system, wound healing, improved stress levels, and much more.
|The benefits of honey are many.|