Watermelon Health Benefits
1. Watermelon may equate to cancer protection
2. Watermelon helps with heart disease
- Watermelon contains the amino acid citrulline, which is beneficial to the entire circulatory system, and particularly the heart.
- Watermelon contains a generous portion of potassium and magnesium – both good for the heart.
- Watermelon’s lycopene content has been shown in studies to help prevent heart disease, and even protect the DNA contents of white blood cells.
3. Watermelon ingredients repair cellular damage
4. Watermelon is vitamin C-dense
- Watermelon is more than 92 percent water, which means it is incredibly low in calories (45 per cup). Per calorie, you're actually getting a whopping amount of vitamin C.
- Who can eat just one cup of watermelon? Have three and you’re more than half way to the RDA.
5. Watermelon may be the next Viagra replacement!
6. Watermelon may control fat accumulation
7. Watermelon is a healthy alternative to certain pre-workout and post workout supplements
While some studies support the exercise benefit of citrulline, there are concerns over the safety of other ingredients found in many of the exercise supplements on the market. If you want to boost your performance by increasing citruline, why not do so by consuming watermelon instead of supplements? The citruline in watermelon is indisputably bioavailable, and packed with other antioxidant nutrients that will also aid in workout recovery.
Other watermelon benefits and watermelon information
- Hollow out the watermelon using this method to use the watermelon as a water carrier.
- Just carry a fresh watermelon in your backpack. Its 92-percent water content makes watermelon a flavorful hydration pack!