Here’s something you may not know – there is a free, easy way to save on your prescriptions:
The FREE FamilyWize Prescription Savings Card!
FamilyWize offers their prescription savings card to lower the cost you pay for your prescriptions.
It’s simple and here’s how it works:
- FamilyWize acts like a big buying group, pulling together millions of people to receive competitive pricing on prescriptions. These people either have no health insurance (the uninsured), have high medication costs (the insured), or need to buy medicine not covered by their plan (the underinsured).
- FamilyWize negotiates with the pharmacies to get discounts similar to what they give large groups like insurance companies and employers.
- FamilyWize passes 100% of these negotiated discounts to the people using the card to purchase their medicine – whether you have insurance or not. Yes, you read that right, we do not take a cut of the savings. All of the savings are yours.
- In 2015, the average savings was 43%.
Now you might be thinking there is probably a loophole, so you can’t use the card. Guess what? Anyone can use the card. Here are the facts:
- The card is FREE – whether you download the app, print the card from the FamilyWize website or request a card to be sent via the mail. You pay nothing. Ever.
- Anyone can use the card. You do not need to register or meet any eligibility criteria and you can share the card with family and friends!
- The card can be used on all FDA-approved prescription medications and it has unlimited use at more than 60,000 pharmacies nationwide. Yes, the card works for your refills, too!
- Get the card (whether it’s the app or a physical, printed card). Anyone can get the card – have we mentioned that yet? It’s free.
- Bring your prescription and the FamilyWize card to one of the participating pharmacies. You have to show it every time, and the card has unlimited use. Before you go you can even use our Drug Lookup Tool to see the price you’ll end up paying.
- You will get the lowest price on your prescription. This may be the pharmacy’s price, it may be the insurance price (if you have insurance), or it could be our price. No matter what, you will be paying the lowest possible amount for that prescription. You will save an average of 8 times out of 10 over the pharmacy's retail price.
- Even if you have insurance, you can use the card to save on prescription drugs that are excluded by your insurance plan or are not covered because you have exceeded your insurance plan's maximum limits. In some instances, you might find that the FamilyWize price is lower than your program's co-payment amount.