Prescription Drugs: A simple way to apply savings to prescription drugs is by using the FamilyWize Prescription Savings Card at your pharmacy. The card is free to for all consumers - both insured and uninsured - with no registration or membership fee, and it can garner significant savings on your prescription medications. Additional cost-cutting tips for prescriptions include:
- Asking about generic prescription drugs, which are often less expensive than name brands, but just as effective.
- Checking out your insurance provider’s preferred pharmacy and mail-order options for your prescription drug needs.
- Speaking with the pharmacist regarding cash pricing on prescription drugs.
Clothing: There are many ways to save on everyday items such as clothing. Here are a few cost-cutting tips:
- Before shopping, check out sites such as Saving Star and Retail Me Not for deals and coupons.
- Shop sale and clearance merchandise first for savings on clothing.
- Consider second-hand, especially for designer goods and larger ticket items such as winter coats and boots.
- Ditch dry-clean only merchandise. Over time this cost-cutting trick alone will result in savings in the clothing department.
Entertainment: Readers can try free electronic downloads from Project Gutenberg, or borrow books from the public library. While foodies can look for deals through sites such as Eatdrinkdeals.com to enjoy savings and deals at a variety of restaurants. In addition, for a less costly way to enjoy on-screen entertainment, movie fanatics can replace going to the movies with a movie night at home.
Other: Cost-cutting tricks can apply to items such as energy costs, too. Programs such as the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) help provide financial assistance and services to cut heating and cooling costs. In addition, apps such as Gas Buddy allow users to check out the cheapest gasoline prices in the area. Compare cell phone, cable television, and Internet plans by using My Rate Plan and check out a variety of plans and determine the most appropriate one for your specific needs.
With all the cost-cutting tricks available for everyday items, it’s easier than ever for consumers to save money. By incorporating cost-cutting tricks, you can enjoy the same lifestyle without breaking the bank.
Live Healthy. Live Smart.