- Cost: Generally, make-at-home cleaning products are less expensive than store bought products.
- Healthier: Non-toxic products can be made simply and easily with products you already have at home.
- Choice of fragrance(s): By adding (or omitting) essential oils or other ingredients, you can create one-of-a-kind products that are pleasing to you and your family. In addition, the ability to add or omit fragrances(s) is helpful for any type of allergy or sensitivity within your household.
- 1 gallon hot water
- ½ cup liquid Castile soap (What is Castile soap? It’s a soap made from 100% plant oils, typically olive oil or coconut oil, with no animal fat or chemicals.)
- 10 drops essential oil of your choice
Window and Glass Cleaner
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
Mix ingredients together and pour into a spray bottle. Shake well before using.
Wood Furniture Polish
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Equal parts coconut oil and baking soda
- 2 cups baking soda
- ½ cup liquid Castile soap
- ½ cup water
The possibilities are endless. Happy Spring cleaning!
Live Healthy. Live Smart.